- Created on Wednesday, 09 November 2016 21:04
What is Salt?
Salt, powered by the nonprofit American Student Assistance(ASA), is an education finance support program that helps remove the financial barriers to higher education so students and alumni can freely and confidently pursue their dreams. Salt leverages ASAs 60 years of experience managing student debt to empower students to successfully plan for, pay for, and repay their higher education.
The program is underwritten by ASA as well as 300 higher education institutions, nonprofits, and employers who partner to successfully guide millions of students and alumni through the nancing process. With a combination of financial education, personalized student loan advice, and straightforward budgeting tools, Salts unbiased advisors help them make smart decisions about education costs so they can achieve a positive financial future. Visit asa.org for more information.
Salt delivers services built around the studentbefore, during, and after college:
- Well-timed, neutral financial education resources, advice, and self-paced courses designed from the students point of view
- Live one-on-one counseling by trained advisors who can answer the students questions objectively and advocate on their behalf
- Easy-to-use tools that help students and alumni monitor and manage their loans and payments online
- Help finding jobs, internships, and scholarships