Office of Institutional Research, Planning, and Effectiveness (OIRPE)
Departmental Mission Statement
The Office of Institutional Research, Planning, and Effectiveness (OIRPE) at Nebraska Indian Community College provides institutional support for decision-making by engaging in all aspects related to data reporting and analytics, governance of assessment at all levels, and stewardship of the strategic planning process to foster continuous improvement using ethical and transparent best practices.
The Office of Institutional Research, Planning, and Effectiveness (OIRPE) adheres to the Statement of Ethical Principles set forth by the Association for Institutional Research (AIR) as best practices for IR data professionals. Those principles can be viewed using the link below.
Goals of OIRPE
Based on the overall goals set forth by NICC, the goals of OIRPE are to:
Develop and maintain consistent data practices and procedures.
Create a foundation for institution-wide continuous improvement across all levels through consistent assessment practices.
Build a foundationally-sound holistic institutional research, planning, and effectiveness department that can serve as a model for other Tribal College IR departments.
Strive for continual OIRPE departmental improvement based on assessment-driven data and application of results.
Internal Process-- The Director of the Office of Institutional Research, Planning, and Effectiveness (OIRPE) is Parisa Baker. Please contact her, and a Data Request Form will be emailed to you.
Are you planning to conduct research with our students or with our communities? Nebraska Indian Community College's Institutional Review Board has a process in place to review research proposals.
- Integrated Postsecondary Education Data Systems (IPEDS) Data Feedback Reports
- American Indian Higher Education Consortium (AIHEC) American Indian Measures for Success (AIMS) Key Indicator System (AKIS)
- Campus Security Report
- Students Right to Know
- State of the College
- AIHEC Essentials for Tribal Colleges
- OIRPE- A Guide for Writing Course-Level Student Learning Outcomes
- OIRPE- A Guide for Writing Program Learning Outcomes
- How to Write Effective Learning Outcomes: An External Resource Guide
NICC Strategic Plan
- NICC 2018-2022 Strategic Plan Goals Executive Summary
- 2022 NICC Strategic Plan SOAR Aggregate Results
- NICC 2018-2022 Final Strategic Plan Report