CARES Act Report
CARES Act Report
Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) Reporting
- Fiscal year 2020-2021
Fiscal year 2021-2022
Fiscal year 2022-2023
Fiscal year 2023-2024
CARES Act (HEERF I)
Under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act), section 18004(c) of the CARES Act requires each institution receiving Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds to use at least 50 percent of the funds received to award emergency financial aid grants. Grants awarded are for students who have expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus including: food, housing, course materials, technology, and child care.
In addition, the Secretary of Education requires each institution to report the most current information on the allocation of the emergency financial aid grants awarded to students. The information provided below satisfies the reporting requirements requested by the Secretary of Education. HEERF fund expenditures for section18004(a)(1) student portion funds.
- Nebraska Indian Community College signed the Certification and Agreement to the Department of Education on May 1, 2020 for CARES Act funding using the funds for emergency financial aid grants to students, and an institutional portion to be used to support NICC programs.
- NICC was awarded $228,928 for students and $346,698 for the institution. The institutional portion will partially be used for student funding and for technology associated with the disruption of campus.
- As of March 31, 2022 NICC has disbursed the following:
- $85,626 of the student portion has served 230 students with grade incentives, internet service, and emergency aid so that these students could stay in school.
- Grade Incentives for 194 student (duplicated to remaining list).
- Internet service for 10 students (duplicated)
- Gift cards for attending virtual training – 65 (duplicate)
- Emergency aid for 2 students
- NICC is paying for all internet for high need students that do not live within the boundaries of the Tribal MiFi program.
- NICC is following the emergency aid guidelines.
- NICC followed the implementation for the direct funding to NICC students.
- NICC is following implementation guide to equitably disburse the funding to NICC students.
- All eligible students received instructions and a link for the online application via NICC email on May 8, 2020.
updated: April 10th 2022