Procurement Technical Assistance Center
Procurement Technical Assistance Center
Nebraska Indian Community College (NICC)
Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC)
A New Beginning
Success starts with one step, in the right direction, with the right mission.
This Procurement Technical Assistance Center is funded in part through a cooperate agreement with the Defense Logistics Agency
Who we are:
We are NICC’s Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC). PTACs were authorized by Congress in 1985 to expand the number of businesses capable of participating in the government marketplace.
What we do:
Provide professional technical assistance and training specific to Native American businesses interested in pursuing opportunities with federal, state, and local agencies. We help small business owners interested in the procurement process gain a better understanding of government contracting. Our goal is to assist with economic change and growth in Indian Country.
Where, When and How:
Meet at your convenience, face to face, on the phone, via email, or virtually.
A resource, at no cost, available to you to utilize if you are interested in expanding your business with procurement opportunities with your local, state, or federal governments. Serve to support the business to understand the procurement and contracting process.
- Determine if your business is ready for government contracting.
- Assist business in securing necessary registrations:
- System for Award Management (SAMs)
- Dun & Bradstreet (DUNS)
- Review and research your eligibility for small business certifications.
- 8(a) Business Development
- Women-Owned Small business (WOSB)
- Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned (SDVO)
- Search past contract opportunities.
- Identifying bid opportunities
- Market Research
- Researching procurement histories
- Network opportunities
- Our service area:
The Santee Sioux Nation and Omaha Nation on both reservations in Nebraska, including Native American businesses that are located outside of those reservations
- Who is eligible:
- Native American Businesses
- Tribal Enterprises
- Native American businesses must 51% owned.
- Why Native PTAC
Please take a moment to watch the video that provides a comprehensive overview.
Hyperlink for business owner to complete the Client Intake Form
Contact Information for both Santee and Omaha reservations.
(Coverage Area: Omaha Indian Reservation)
(Coverage Area: Santee Sioux Indian Reservation)
|Program Manager: Michael D. Channell
Direct: (402) 243-5348
Office: (402) 494-2311 ext. 140
|Counselor (Santee): Harold "Sonny" Hill
Office: 402-494-2311 ext. 143
|Administrative Assistant: Haley Henscheid
Direct: (712) 579-0038
Office: (402) 494-2311 ext. 144
|Counselor (Macy): Debra Grant
Direct: (402) 243-5391
Office: (402) 494-2311 ext. 142
If you prefer, you can also send an email to: PTAC@thenicc.edu
Events Coming Soon
Resources for Native Businesses
Procurement Technical Assistance Program
- DLA PTAP - https://www.dla.mil/SmallBusiness/PTAP/
- SBA Counseling & Help - https://www.sba.gov/federal-contracting/counseling-help
- Find Your Local PTAC - https://www.dla.mil/SmallBusiness/PTAP/PTAC/
Required Government Certifications
Small Business Certification Programs
- Veteran Owned Business
- HUBZONE Program
- 8 (a) SBA Business Development
- Women Owned Small Business Program
Federal Business Opportunities
- SBA - https://www.sba.gov/offices/headquarters/ogc
- General Services Administration - https://www.gsa.gov/
- DLA (Defense Logistics Agency) - https://www.dla.mil/SmallBusiness/
- DoD (Department of Defense) - https://business.defense.gov/Small-Business/Marketing-to-DoD/
- Updates Federal Register Updates: Federal Register
Government Purchasing History
Federal Procurement Data System - FPDS Website
Find a Government Prime Contractor
Other Helpful Links
- Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Indian Incentive Program
- The Buy Indian Opportunity
- Dynamic Small Business Search
You can the find Native American PTACs across the country by clicking on the hyperlinks below.
- Alaska PTAC
- American Indian Chamber Education Fund PTAC
- The National Center American Indian PTAC
- The PEDCO PTAC
- Native American Development Corporation (NADC)
- Tribal Government Institute (T.G.I.)
- NICC PTAC
Please let the Department of Logistic Agency know how well our PTAC has served you.
This is our team:
If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us.