NICC Student Technology Resources
Canvas by Instructure
Canvas is NICC’s Online Learning System. Here you can access class materials, submit assignments, use the grade book, view the online syllabus AND MORE from any mobile device. Check out the NICC Student Orientation page to meet your NICC family and learn about more resources we have on all three campuses.
- Canvas App for Android Phone (Video)
- Canvas App for Android Tablet (Video)
- Canvas App for iPad (Video)
- Canvas App for iPhone (Video)
1) Download the app most appropriate for your device (see above).
2) Select Nebraska Indian Community College as your institution.
3) Login with your NICC email and the password you chose.
Canvas video tutorials (Scroll down to section called “Students”)
Office 365 Pro Plus for Faculty and Students
Nebraska Indian Community College is providing Microsoft Office to every student free of charge. This means the latest version of the full Office productivity suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and more available for offline and online use to best prepare you for class. As long as you’re a student here and the program continues, you’ll be able to use this software for free.
- Install on up to 5 compatible PCs and Macs, plus 5 tablets (including iPad!)
- Use with OneDrive for automatic device syncing
- Gain valuable skills on the world’s most popular productivity software
- Use the same programs as your professors to ensure full file fidelity
To get your Office follow these simple steps:
For PC and Mac:
- Visit Office.com/GetOffice365
- Click through to sign in with school-provided credentials & download
- On the installation page select your language and click install
For iOS and Android:
Download from your app store
You will need your e-mail address ex: JDoe@thenicc.edu (student e-mail begin with your location - Mac for Macy, San for Santee and SSC for South Sioux City) to sign in. If you have trouble installing Office, this guide may resolve your issue: http://aka.ms/office365help.
Skype for Business
Skype for Business is our primary means of virtual communication beyond email. Calls made from one Skype account to another Skype accounts are free. (We recommend using an unlimited data plan or Wi-Fi connection, otherwise operator data charges may apply.) You can talk face to face with a video call, share your screen, use the chat feature with a quick question, and more. Skype is available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, and Macs.
Outlook 2016 on a computer or on the web using Outlook Web-Access
To add NICC e-mail to your mobile device. You may already have a default email app that you can use for your NICC email, or you can use the Outlook 2016 app. This app is available on mobile devices..
Settings you may need to add your NICC e-mail:
- Type: Exchange Server
- E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- *Note* Student email address will begin with the campus code (e.g., san for Santee, ssc for South Sioux City and mac for Macy).
- Username: JDoe
- Domain: Thenicc
- Server Address: mail.thenicc.edu
- Use secure connection: SSL
Campus Network Drive
N:\ Drive is NICC’s Campus Network Drive for employees and students. Access is available on any computer located on campus (excluding loaner and personal laptops).
- To access it, login to a college computer/laptop using your username and password.
- Username is first initial and last name (ex: JDoe) and your computer password
- Click on start button, open computer, N: is located under Network Location.