CARES Act Report
- Fiscal year 2020-2021
Fiscal year 2021-2022
- Nebraska Indian Community College signed the Certification and Agreement to the Department of Education on May 1, 2020 for CARES Act funding using 50% of the funds for emergency financial aid grants to students, and an institutional portion to be used to support NICC programs.
- NICC was awarded $38,788 for students and $38,788 for the institution. The institutional portion will partially be used for student funding and for technology associated with the disruption of campus.
- As of June 23, 2020 NICC has disbursed the following:
- $38,788 of the student portion to students (serving 49 students)
- $1,462 of the institution portion to students (serving 2 students)
- $19,815 of the institution portion to technology (serving 40 students as of today)
- $17,511 of the institution portion technology/broadband upgrades and expenses for faculty and students, student transport, textbook and supply mailing to students, travel to deliver student supplies, travel for COVID task force oversight meetings and emergency aid for students.
- There are 54 students at NICC that are eligible to receive this funding.
- 51 have been served as of June 23, 2020.
- NICC is following implementation guide to equitably disburse the funding to NICC students.
- All eligible students received instructions and a link for the online application via NICC email on May 8, 2020.
updated: October 27th 2020