NICC Online Library
The mission of the libraries of the Nebraska Indian Community College is to provide a basic collection of print and non-print materials for the information, education, and recreation of the academic and general communities of Santee and Macy. Therefore, the libraries try to achieve the following objectives:
- To ensure that NICC students, faculty, and staff, as well as the public, have access to library holdings.
- To enhance and refine the library holdings.
- To identify and access library resources in area and regional libraries.
- To develop materials complementary to and supportive of the coursework at NICC.
- To enable patrons to have access to information of all types through electronic connection with the world at large.
At Nebraska Indian Community College the standard citation style is Modern Language Association (MLA) style, except certain classes may use American Psychological Association (APA) style. Check with your instructor to verify the format required for your paper.
Learn about Modern Language Association (MLA) format by visit https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/01/
For interactive help building your citations, try Son of Citation Machine at http://citationmachine.net/index2.php?reqstyleid=1.
Learn about American Psychological Association (APA) by visit https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
For interactive help building your citations, try Son of Citation Machine at http://citationmachine.net/index2.php?reqstyleid=2.
- Search the Web (Search for information using Google Scholars.)
- Help Writing a Paper (Information about writing a paper.)
- Bare Bones 101: Searching the Web (Information about researching using the internet.)
- Copyright Information (Information about copyright.)
- Information Literacy (Valuable resource about researching information.)
- On-line Dictionary (The Merriam-Webster online dictionary.)
Electronic Database Collection:
AIHEC Virtual Library - The American Indian Higher Education Consortium (AIHEC) Virtual Library is a collection of resources by for and about Native Americans available online -- selected and reviewed by Tribal College librarians.
Nebraska Access - NebraskAccess offers free 24/7 access to websites selected by librarians, full-text government publications and Nebraska historical resources. Nebraska residents are also provided with free online access to thousands of full-text magazine, journal, and newspaper articles, biographical and business information, genealogical resources, and more. NebraskAccess is brought to you by the Nebraska Library Commission with funding from the State of Nebraska and the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services.
Gutenberg E-Books - Project Gutenberg offers over 39,000 free ebooks: choose among free epub books, free kindle books, download them or read them online. They carry high quality ebooks: All ebooks were previously published by bona fide publishers. They digitized and diligently proofread them with the help of thousands of volunteers.
Enviromental Complete - This resource offers deep coverage in applicable areas of agriculture, ecosystem ecology, energy, renewable energy sources, natural resources, marine & freshwater science, geography, pollution & waste management, environmental technology, environmental law, public policy, social impacts, urban planning, and more.
American Indian History Online - Spans more than 500 years of political, military, social, and cultural history, highlighting the important people and events of the American experience. Includes biographies, events and topics, primary sources, timelines, images and videos, maps and charts. All full text.
Ethnic NewsWatch - is a current resource of full-text newspapers, magazines, and journals of the ethnic and minority press, providing researchers access to essential, often overlooked perspectives.
Sustainable Watch – This resource provides evidenced-based summaries of thousands of journals and magazine articles on hundreds of sustainability topics in the area of people, planet, and profit like presents best practices in a variety of sustainability areas including: environmental impacts and pollution prevention initiatives, corporate citizenship, and long-term sustainable business practices. The reports do not offer opinions but instead summarizes existing expert conclusions derived from the thousands of sources that are covered.
- Tribal College Journal - For more than 21 years, Tribal College Journal has covered the news, news makers, and issues in American Indian higher education, earning multiple awards for excellence in design and content from the Native American Journalists Association, the Society of National Associations Publications, and the Western Publications Association.
Ask a Librarian
- Macy Campus Librarian
-Santee Campus Librarian
Student Information quick links for students
Quote of the Day
What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow, which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset. – Crowfoot
64°F, Windchill: 64°F
Wind: 8 mph SE
Visibility: 0 mi
pressure: 30.06 in steady
Sunrise: 5:53 am
Sunset: 8:51 pm
Hi: 77°F, Low: 62°F
Hi: 74°F, Low: 50°F
Hi: 71°F, Low: 47°F
Hi: 74°F, Low: 53°F
Hi: 78°F, Low: 60°F