- NICC Book Price List (Latest list of textbook prices at NICC.)
- Net Price Calculator (A useful Calculator to get an estimate on what attending NICC might cost.)
- IPEDS - Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (Information, statistics, and facts about NICC.)
- Nebraska Voter Registration Information (Frequently asked questions and information for voter registration.)
- 2013 Campus Crime and Security Report (Click link to view.)
- 2013-2015 College Catalog (Click link to view.)
- NICC Financial Aid Policies and Procedures (Click link to view.)
- Constitution of the United States (Click link to view.)
FAQ - Carpentry Certificate Information
Gainful Employment Report
- Q: How much will this program cost me?
A: Tuition and Fees: (approximate) $ 4,590.
Books and Supplies: (approximate) $ 103.50.
On-campus room and board Not Offered
- Q: What are my options to pay for the program?
A: You may be eligible to receive financial aid depending on your income and family circumstances. However NICC does not provide student loans. To receive an estimate of what financial aid may be available please click on the link to our Net Price Calculator.
- Q: How long will it take me to complete this program?
A: The program was designed to be complete in 9 months.
- Q: How successful are the graduates of this program in finding jobs?
A: The Class of 2010:
Number of graduates of this program 0 After one year 0 Students for whom we have information 0 Available for employment 40 Employed in related occupation 4 Employed in unrelated occupation 0 Unemployed but looking for work 0 TOTAL EMPLOYED 0 JOB PLACEMENT RATE N/A
Carpentry Certificate Requirements
The Nebraska Indian Community College Carpentry Certificate program is designed to enable students to gain entry-level employment in specialized areas, qualify for occupational advancement, upgrade job skills, or for personal development. Each program is designed for a specific occupational field. Therefore, the semester credits required to obtain a certificate will vary with the particular program.
Certificate Requirements: 27 credits CPT 100 Fundamentals of Carpentry 3 credits CPT 102 Blueprint Reading 3 credits CPT 106 Practical Carpentry I 3 credits CPT 108 Framing & Exterior Finishing 3 credits CPT 201 Construction Theory 3 credits *CPT 203 Practical Carpentry II 3 credits *CPT 209 Practical Carpentry III 3 credits CA 104 or higher 3 credits Total credits required:
Program Requirements: Program participants must complete an entrance assessment, and achieve satisfactory placement scores in English (099) and Mathematics (098) to be admitted to the program.
Courses that have an * next the course number, are required to take the prerequisite. Please check the catalog to ensure that you know what the prerequisite is and plan your schedule accordingly.
Academic Information programs, courses & transfer info.
Admissions Information apply to NICC today
Student Information quick links for students
Quote of the Day
Even the seasons form a great circle in their changing, and always come back again to where they were. The life of a man is a circle from childhood to childhood, and so it is in everything where power moves. – Black Elk
72°F, Windchill: 72°F
Wind: 3 mph E
Visibility: 0 mi
pressure: 30.08 in falling
Sunrise: 6:44 am
Sunset: 8:06 pm
Hi: 74°F, Low: 68°F
Hi: 81°F, Low: 67°F
Hi: 79°F, Low: 62°F
Hi: 83°F, Low: 66°F
Hi: 82°F, Low: 63°F